[jboss-dev] Important JIRA Project Change!

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Thu Apr 21 18:20:40 EDT 2011

Hello Everyone,

Due to feedback from the community, which expressed interest in
continuing work on 6.x, as well existing problems we have with major
version segmentation, we have moved to a separate project per major
version strategy. This allows us to have completely separate policies,
workflows, components, and leads. It also solves the noise problem that
lead to my original changes. As part of this I have reopened all 6.x
(and earlier) issues which are a year or less old.

As Shelly previously announced, while we are focused primarily on 7, we
plan to do a 6.1 release once the issues assigned to it are completed
(send patches to speed it up!!). After this we will leave issues open
for those wanting to contribute to 6.x. Future releases may still be
possible if someone in the community wants to step up and lead them. If
that happens we can now easily assign assign them as a component leads
for one of the AS6 components.

So now all AS7 issues are here:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7

All AS6 (and earlier) issues are in the old project
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBAS

Thanks!

--
Jason T. Greene