[jboss-l10n] BRMS / BPMS 6.0 translations

Sean Flanigan sflaniga at redhat.com
Wed Jul 17 19:41:13 EDT 2013

Hi Mike,

Pushing *modified* source files won't affect existing translations, so
it should be fine.  Any translations which still apply will still be there.

Just FYI, *renaming* source files can give the appearance of losing
translations (because rename is implemented as deleting the old document
and creating a new document), but the old data stays in the database,
and the project maintainer can run CopyTrans to reuse the translations
(just tell CopyTrans to ignore document name).

Also, pushing *translation* files (with the client's "pushTrans" option,
or "pushType=both") can affect existing translations in Zanata, but only
if you use mergeType=import.  mergeType=auto is the default mode, and it
is pretty safe.  (If all translations are done in Zanata, there's
generally no need for the project maintainer to push translations into
Zanata.)

If you have more questions about Zanata, I recommend this list:

Regards

Sean.

--
Sean Flanigan