[jboss-osgi-users] Request info about JBoss 7 OSGi and JAAS support

Roberto Deandrea roberto.deandrea at primeur.com
Thu Sep 8 10:35:23 EDT 2011

Hi everybody,

I know that OSGi and JAAS are not so friendly by design.

But I need to do the following :
Write an OSGi bundle that implements a custom LoginModule JAAS for
authentication purposes.

After writing the code and successfully deploying to JBoss 7 OSGi
runtime, instantiating my custom LoginModule from another bundle I get a
ClassNotFoundException for my login class in
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.java that is suggesting some kind
of class loading problems.

I have the following questions for you :

1. Is JAAS supported in JBoss 7 OSGi runtime ?
2. Have I missed something in my code, or in my OSGi env/config ?

Thanks in advance for your support.
Kind Regards.

Roberto