[jboss-osgi-users] JBossOSGi-1.1.0 Released

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at jboss.com
Thu Mar 8 06:42:33 EST 2012

Folks,

I am happy to announce the release of JBossOSGi-1.1.0.

You can download the binary here: jboss-osgi-installer-1.1.0.jar
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/jboss/files/JBossOSGi/1.1.0/jboss-osgi-installer-1.1.0.jar/download>

This is a OSGi Core 4.2. Framework compliant release with a strong focus
on AS7 integration.
It also comes with improvements in the following areas

  * Concurrency optimizations throughout the framework
    <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBOSGI-457>
  * Improved access to system and boot delegation packages
    <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBOSGI-486>
  * Direct integration of many Felix, Aries and Ops4J bundles
    <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBOSGI-529>
  * Added support for JSP pages in OSGi Web Applications
    <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBOSGI-285>
  * Initial implementation of an OSGi Repository
    <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBOSGI-72>
  * Capture OSGi frequently asked questions in the wiki
    <https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/JBOSGI/FAQ>
  * Comprehensive coverage of AS7 / OSGi integration in user guide
    <https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/JBOSGI/Application+Server+Integration>
  * Add support for AS7 as remote testing target
    <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBOSGI-517>
  * Replace the Standalone Runtime with AS7
    <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBOSGI-501>

Here are the change log
<https://issues.jboss.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310370&version=12317273>
details.

Additional to that we fixed 80+ OSGi related issues in the
jboss-as-7.1.0 code base. Most notably there are

  * Expose OSGi management through domain API
    <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-752>
  * Provide injectable BundleContext in JNDI
    <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1426>
  * Transactional integration endpoint (STOMP)
    <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1754>
  * Provide Repository API as general MSC service
    <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-3573>
  * Remove Felix, Aries and Ops4J bundles from the AS7 distro
    <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-3036>
  * Separate Configuration Admin subsystem
    <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-2973>

Please also have a look at the latest version of our User Guide
<https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/JBOSGI/User+Guide>.

Enjoy

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx