[jboss-rpm] JBoss AS RPM weekly news, 18th Feb

Marek Goldmann mgoldman at redhat.com
Sat Feb 18 07:54:35 EST 2012

Hi all,

With this email I would like to start a weekly recap on what was done
over the last week in terms of packaging JBoss AS 7 into Fedora. I'll
try to keep it short and put here information that may be valuable for
all subscribers, let's go!

If I miss something obvious, feel free to add it to the thread!

1. Current status: 63/44/19

63 packages submitted to Fedora
44 Packages available in Rawhide / F17
19 Packages in progress (waiting for review, in reviewor waiting for SCM)

2. With help from Juan we submitted a lot of new review requests (about
15!). Some of them are already reviewed and pushed into Fedora thanks to
Andy Grimm's help on reviewing. 50% of new packages are Resteasy
dependencies, mostly from my queue:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JBossAS7#Cleanup_queue

3. I rebased our repositories (https://github.com/fedora-jboss-as) to
JBoss AS 7.1.0.Final. This triggered packaging some additional deps and
upgrading some of our already submitted packages. Everything is now
submitted to Fedora waiting for review or already available in F17
updates-testing repo.

4. Carlo patched
(https://github.com/fedora-jboss-as/jboss-as/commit/41efa6ce071a08e7eab24d7df392c2b9637703f4)
ejb3 and transactions modules allowing to remove jbossjsts dependency
which will make possible in the near future to add following AS7
modules: transactions, ejb3, web, security. The biggest pain is in
packaging jsf-impl for web.

This was a very productive week.

Thanks!

--Marek