[jboss-rpm] Introduction

Pasche Sébastien sebastien.pasche at heig-vd.ch
Sun Feb 19 11:28:42 EST 2012

Hello

Ref : https://twitter.com/#!/marekgoldmann/status/171209995927556096

I'm a Computer Security enthusiast and a Fedora/RedHat contributor (I considerate myself as). I like to stay in touch with the latest security actualities, do IT security contests, create tools and so on. As a contributor since 2006 and a Linux user since 2000, I developed many affinities within the Linux world.

I'm actually not a proven-packager (I didn't get time to it properly ;)) on Fedora or Centos, but I've already done some tasks to help people with packaging. Mainly on topics as how and where to install binaries and configurations, SELinux rules, systemD, etc.

I have 5 years of experience on java and I worked 3 years on Java application building and packaging. One part of my job was to create and maintain Maven projects, builds' chains and packaging to RPM the products of the company I'm working for. I have some experience on system integration of applications and automatic installation and deployment of appliances (another part of my job).

I think JBoss is a great product and I want to help fedora users to get access to JBoss.

I know ideas is a good point, but taking action is good too. I know my JBoss knowledge not perfect and my English skills are even less than that ;-). About the first point, I am working on it as a mid-term issue and for the second point, as a longer-term improvement.

Regards

Seb