[jboss-rpm] JBoss AS RPM weekly news, 25th Feb

Marek Goldmann mgoldman at redhat.com
Sat Feb 25 10:35:51 EST 2012

Hi all,

This week at JBoss' AS RPM playground:

1. Current status: 69/47/22

* 69 packages submitted to Fedora
* 47 Packages available in Rawhide / F17
* 22 Packages in progress

As you can see - we reviewed and pushed some deps to Fedora and added
new ones.

2. I've added two additional modules to AS7: clustering-infinispan,
transactions and security. Of course this required to package some
dependencies or patching of AS7.

You can see the commits here:

	https://github.com/fedora-jboss-as/jboss-as/commits/fedora17-7.1.0.Final

I made sure that AS7 compiles *and* boots with those modules enabled.

3. I changed the guidelines regarding packaging jboss-* packages.

	http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JBossAS7#Rules_for_JBoss-related_packages

Please use new guidelines to packages in progress, and try to update
already submitted packages. Ping me if you have questions about this.

That's all from me, feel free to add your progress report to this thread.

Plan for next week is to package AS7 connector module (requires
ironjacamar - almost packaged) and look again at web module (uh,
jsf-impl...).

Thanks!

P.S. I'll be PTO in the beginning of the next week - family issues. Will
have access to mail and try to work as much as I can though.

--Marek