[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - RMI-IIOP

One_Special_User do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 2 05:00:43 EDT 2006

Hello,

I have a stateful SessionBean (EJB 2.x) called "MySession" being accessed via IIOP and having a Property "MySessionID".

Within it's ejbCreate() it should register itself within the JNDI under "mysessions/" + its "MySessionID", just like "mysessions/mysessionid_123", from where it can be looked up again by a client and invoked (via IIOP).

The reason for this is a C#-Client (talking IIOP via the "IIOP.Net" - Tool) doing some jobs and a Web-Application acting as "Client" to the C#-Client again by invoking its methods. Therefore all the Communication has to be IIOP.

Within the ejbCreate() i bind the MySession-Instance to the JNDI via

  | Context ctx = new InitialContext();
  | Object mysession_ref = this.context.getEJBObject();
  | MySessionRemote ms = (MySessionRemote)
  |         PortableRemoteObject.narrow(
  |             mysession_ref,
  |             MySessionRemote.class );
  | String jndi = "mysessions/" + mysessionid;
  | try {
  |     ctx.rebind( jndi, ms );
  | } catch (NameNotFoundException nnfe) {
  |     // create subcontext and try rebinding
  |     ctx.createSubContext( "mysessions" );
  |     ctx.rebind( jndi, ms );
  | }

This works fine, the Instance is bound to JNDI (says the JNDIView-MBean),
BUT the problem is:
The MySessionHome is bound to "iiop/MySession", as the DeploymentDescriptor states it should be accessible via JRMP AND IIOP,
whereas the Instances are bound to mysessions/mysessionid_123", and therefore cannot be looked up via the IIOP-Client.

How do i tell JBoss to bind them as "iiop/mysessions/mysessionid_123" ?
I don't want to put the "common iiop-necessary" properties like "corbaloc::hostname:port/JBoss/Naming/root" to the Constructor of the InitialContext (I think this spoils clustering??)

Please help me, it's my diploma-thesis and I'm running out of time (like every college-student I think ... ), I really appreciate any help ;) !

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3962389#3962389

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3962389