[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Best way to structure a business process with a delay.

brado do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 2 18:01:00 EDT 2006

Hello -- I need your advice on the best way to structure a particular business process using jbpm 3.1.1. What the business process actually needs to accomplish is the following in order:

1) Save information to custom tables in the database.
2) Wait until midnight.
3) Retrieve the information saved in step 1 from the database, and perform an action based on that informaiton.

So far, I have tried to structure this with a simple business process with the following nodes:

start > saveInfo > createTimer > End

and another path in the business process that looks like this:

performAction > End

I have 3 questions regarding this:

1) First, I am able to create a timer and save the timer to the scheduler. The business process instance is saved prior to the business process executing and after as well. However, there is nothing saved to the JBPM_TIMER table in the database. How can I get the timers that are created (not on a task, as there is no human intervention needed, but in a process node) to save to the database?

2) My timer is set to transition to my performAction node. However, the business process has ended, by merits of completing the saving of the timer and traversing the end node. Will the timer appropriately transition to the performAction node? I'm sensing it will not, and there's probably a more appropriate way to structure this.

3) How would you structure this requirement?

Thanks a lot for your help. If there is specific documentation that addresses this, please direct me to it, as I haven't found the answers readily in the documentation.

Thanks,

Brad

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3962649#3962649

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3962649