[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Removing a MessageListener doesn't remove its associated

davidrh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 2 19:53:45 EDT 2006

Hi Tim,

I think this would be the correct behaviour if there were not enough items on the queue for all threads to process. We've noticed that messaging has an affinity for the first thread when the load is light.  In this case, though, we've checked the queue using the JMX console and there are lots of messages waiting to be processed on the queue that is reported as stopped.  In fact, because some of the listeners have stopped the queue is actually starting to back up, as there are not as many threads working it any more.

These stopped listeners never seem to recover - we've left them overnight in our application but they never come back.

Just out of interest, how to you enable round robin dispatching to the listeners?  This would make it easier for us to determine if every listener is doing its fair share, or whether some are slacking off.

Thanks,

David

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3962674#3962674

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3962674