[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Timers and transitions

brado do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 2 21:50:21 EDT 2006

Using jbpm 3.1.1, I am trying to accomplish the following:

1) Create a timer.
2) Execute some action as the result of the timer waking up and being serviced.

My question regards how to structure the business process in conjunction with the proper setting of the timer's transition. I have created a single business process which includes a node that creates the timer -- works without a problem. But I need the result of the timer waking up to execute another node  in the process which performs an action. I thought this was simple as specifying the transition to this other node using the setTransitionName() method. However, the node specified is never being executed. Any ideas on why the transition to node isn't being executed, even though the timer is being processed?

Secondly, am I correct in assuming that the "transition to" node must be contained within the same business process of the node which creates the timer? If this is correct, then is the proper structure of the business process not to transition programmatically after the node which creates the timer is executed? (so that the business process execution exits and processing may continue while the timer awaits).

Thanks for your help.

Brad

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3962685#3962685

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3962685