[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - ResultSet getBlob or getBinaryStream Throws an Exception

emwamba do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 2 23:20:09 EDT 2006

I have an application which stores PDF documents in a longblob column of a MySQL 5 table. A standalone Java application writes to the table and persists the documents to the table. The documents can be downloaded via a web application. The code to retrieve the documents is straight forward:

      rs = stmt.executeQuery();
      if (rs.next()) {
        Blob blob = rs.getBlob(1);
        InputStream in = blob.getBinaryStream();
       }

The code works in Tomcat 5 but in JBoss 4.0.2 the call to rs.getBlob(1) throws the following exception:

java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
        at $Proxy77.getBlob(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Method=public abstract java.sql.Blob java.sql.ResultSet.getBlob(int) throws java.sql.SQLException does not return Serializable
..

Replacing rs.getBlob(1) with rs.getBinaryStream(1) also throws the same exception.

This problem and a few other JDBC related problems are beginning to raise a lot of doubts in my head about JBoss. The application works on Geronimo and Tomcat, but I hate Geronimo and Tomcat has no EJB container. Help!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3962693#3962693

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3962693