[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - This project cannot be deployed to a server.

mvilot do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 3 08:12:15 EDT 2006

The one feature I need from JBoss IDE is convenient deployment of J2EE components.  However, it's the one feature that's broken.  Where's QA on this?

Configuration:
- Windoze XP Pro SP 2
- Java 1.5.0_07
- JBossAS 4.0.4 GA patch 1
- JBoss IDE 2.0.0 alpha 1a

After creating a J2EE 1.4 project and running XDoclet to generate the needed descriptors, unable to deploy.

For Project -> Properties -> Server, dialog box says "This project cannot be deployed to a server."

For Run -> Debug (?!?!) -> no JBoss server configuration appears.

However, for New -> Server, a JBoss 4 server option appears, can be configured, and can be run/stopped from Eclipse.  Unfortunately, the J2EE part of JBoss IDE does not recognize it at all.

This all seemed to work for Java 1.4.  Unfortunately, my project needs the latest Java features.

When will a fix be available?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3962805#3962805

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3962805