[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How to catch exception when deleting?

bfo81 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 3 09:30:29 EDT 2006

Thanks for that hint, Gavin. It works now (*) and I learned something (once more after one of your posts) ;).

Btw, for those who have the same problem and read this: ctx is the EJB Session Context, and you can get it via
@Resource
  | private SessionContext ctx;

Don't mistake that for the Seam sessionContext, which can be retrieved by @In private Context sessionContext ;).

(*) Little anecdote: I logged the exception, and since it contained a # (could not delete: [de.beffo.test.model.Person#9]) the JBoss Seam logger tried to perform a replacement here... and *boom* there was an exception and I was near desperation. But after a second glance I found the reason, deleted that line and finally everything worked fine ;). But I even had to remove that dash from addMessage(...) cause otherwise there's an internal similar exception that causes the message not to be created. *Uff*... J2EE is hard work ;).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3962837#3962837

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3962837