[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: where is <h:inputText> going?

dbatcn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 3 12:42:57 EDT 2006

It was left over from when I thought my SFSB could biject a value visible to JSF.  I've removed it and the code now reads:

  |     @In(required=false)
  |     public void setQuux(Quux quux) {
  |         log.debug("BQManagerBean.setQuux(): called with arg:"+quux);
  |         this.quux = quux;
  |     }
  |     @Out(required=false)
  |     public Quux getQuux() {
  |         log.debug("BQManagerBean.getQuux(): returning:"+quux);
  |         return quux;
  |     }
  |     private Quux quux;
  |
  |     public void setNameForNewBaz(String nameForNewBaz) {
  |         log.debug("BQManagerBean.setNameForNewBaz(): called with arg:"+nameForNewBaz);
  |         this.nameForNewBaz = nameForNewBaz;
  |     }
  |     public String getNameForNewBaz() {
  |         log.debug("BQManagerBean.getNameForNewBaz(): returning:"+nameForNewBaz);
  |         return nameForNewBaz;
  |     }
  |     private String nameForNewBaz;

BQManagerBean.setNameForNewBaz() is now never called and thus BQManagerBean.createBazSpecifyingName() still detects "nameForNewBaz is null".

The "rename quux" action also still doesn't work as BQManagerBean.setQuux() is never called with a value typed into the <h:inputText value="#{quux.name}" /> text input.  If I change the "required=false" on the @In for quux to "create=true", then bringing up the pages causes "javax.ejb.EJBException: Application Error: no concurrent calls on stateful beans".

So far as I can tell, values from neither inputText, whether a property of the conversation-scoped SFSB or a conversation-scoped entity EJB annotated as being bijected to/from that SFSB, are ever injected into that SFSB.  I've tried looking at Seam/JSF/Facelets/MyFaces code to see if I could figure out where it's going, but I'm lost in a sea of frameworks so far.  Is there no way of tracking where an input value goes in that framework set?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3962924#3962924

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3962924