[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Classloading and sharing classes between .ear and .rar

rupertlssmith do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 3 16:51:12 EDT 2006

"weston.price at jboss.com" wrote : Out of curiosity, could you try remove the ear# syntax?

  | Then
  |
  | Deploy the RAR
  | Deploy the *-ds.xml file
  |
  | Thanks.

Ok. I did that and it seems to be working. Bear in mind I've had to change the RAR a little to do this because it is no longer in the .ear but now being deployed seperately. So I put the shared .jars that it needs into the .rar instead of in the .ear.

Interestingly, I got this message in the debug trace, which I wasn't getting when I tried to deploy it in the .ear:

INFO	org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.ConnectionFactoryBindingService	Bound ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:service=ConnectionFactoryBinding,name=index_connection_factory' to JNDI name 'java:index_connection_factory'

For some reason it doesn't seem to get as far as binding the connection factory to its JNDI name when deployed in the .ear

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3963019#3963019

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3963019