[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: A couple of observations

iradix do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 3 16:56:59 EDT 2006

anonymous wrote : I can see uses for this, but remember you can do bijection etc. through Component and the Context.

True, but then why not always use method calls and disregard annotations all together?  It seems to me that most of the functionality is available programatically, but the annotations, and maybe more importantly the method interception and automatic bijection that go along with them make life a lot easier.

Also, thanks for pointing out the logger which is another good example of why bijection is still very handy in plain java beans that don't necessarily need to live in a context themselves.

anonymous wrote : Yeah. Something similar to the Hibernate Naming Strategy I think would be a good idea.

Cool.  Anybody else?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3963023#3963023

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3963023