[jboss-user] [JBoss.NET] - java.rmi.MarshalException: (1)Missing end tag for Body or En

jason_rency do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 4 10:53:40 EDT 2006

I am really desperate for some experties...not sure if it's inapropriate post it here though.
hi all,

I deployed the Calculator web service example (EJB3 endpoint jsr181) in the JBOSS4.04GA server and tried to invoke the service from both j2me&j2se client. the j2se client works fine, but when I used the j2me client, the client threw the folling exception:
Code:
java.rmi.MarshalException: (1)Missing end tag for Body or Envelope

by monitoring the network I got the request and response packages:

the request:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>.
<soap:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"..xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"..xmlns
:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"..xmlns:tns="http://server.reg.src/jaws">.
	<soap:Body>.
		<tns:add>.
			<tns:int_1>4</tns:int_1>.
			<tns:int_2>6</tns:int_2>.
		</tns:add>.
	</soap:Body>.
</soap:Envelope>.

this is bizzar coz there are extra "." in every line. but it seems the server can un marshal it correctly as the following response was sent back:

response:

<env:Envelope xmlns:env='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/'>
<env:Header/>
	<env:Body>
		<ns1:addResponse xmlns:ns1='http://server.reg.src/jaws' xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-i
nstance'>
			<ns1:result>10</ns1:result>
		</ns1:addResponse>
	</env:Body>
</env:Envelope>

I believe the problem is the client can't unmarshal the response package correctly. don't know why this happened as the response package is well organised soap message.

also, I set the client side http version at 1.0 as if I set it to 1.1 the response package would be chunked. (the server side is still 1.1)

any one has any idea?

big thanks....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3963210#3963210

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3963210