[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: out of mmory error

DerJohannes do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 6 15:25:01 EDT 2006

"kukeltje" wrote : it is totally dependend on your environment and I think you should be able to find LOTS of info on this using google

Googling made me remember the citation
"We are drowning in information and starving for knowledge.", so I tried harder to find a solution myself...and finally i found the an interesting information in the JBoss boot log:

"JAVA_OPTS:  -Dprogram.name=run.bat"

So I searched for a run.bat file, found it in the root dir of my jbpm starters kit installation, looked into it and I finally found the lines:

rem Sun JVM memory allocation pool parameters. Modify as appropriate.
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms128m -Xmx512m

to which i added another line:
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m

It's nice when information transforms to knowledge... ;-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3963444#3963444

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3963444