[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Eclipse & expanded deployment

aozoren do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 6 16:46:02 EDT 2006

Hi - I am trying get JBoss hot deploy the Eclipse seam project but so far I am not successful. Any hint is appreciated..

The last error I am getting is as follows..

22:52:58,241 FATAL [DatasourceConnectionProvider] Could not find datasource: java:/oneDatasource
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: oneDatasource not bound

I don't understand why I am getting this because the oneDatasource seems to have deployed according to these log entries..

22:52:09,907 INFO  [ConnectionFactoryBindingService] Bound ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=oneDatasource' to JNDI name 'java:oneDatasource'

One thing I notice is that it looks for a "/" before jndi name when it fails.

jboss-service.xml is as follows..

         deploy/,
	 file:/Users/ali/Java5/dev8/workspace/one/bin

the directory structure is as follows..

+bin
	++one.ear
		components.properties
		hibernate.cfg.xml
		jboss.seam.jar
		jbpm.3.1.1.jar
		jbpm.cfg.xml
		+++META-INF
			application.xml
			components.properties
			ejb-jar.xml
			jboss-app.xml
			jboss-beans.xml
			persistence.xml
			MANIFEST.MF
		++one.war
			seam.properties
			+++META-INF
				MANIFEST.MF
			+++WEB-INF
				components.xml
				web.xml
				faces-config.xml
		++one.ejb3 // for .class files
+src
	..

application.xml is as follows..

<application xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee" version="1.4"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com /xml/ns/j2ee
                        http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/application_1_4.xsd">

    <display-name>One</display-name>
    One Software

	    one.ejb3

            <web-uri>one.war</web-uri>
            <context-root>/one</context-root>

	    jboss-seam.jar

	    jbpm-3.1.1.jar

components.properties is as follows..

myFacesLifecycleBug false
embeddedEjb true
jndiPattern #{ejbName}/local

jboss-beans.xml is as follows..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<deployment xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
            xsi:schemaLocation="urn:jboss:bean-deployer bean-deployer_1_0.xsd"
            xmlns="urn:jboss:bean-deployer:2.0">

        com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
        jdbc:mysql://localhost/seamtest?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8
        root
        java:/oneDatasource
        0
        10
        1000
        100000

persistence.xml is as follows..

   <persistence-unit name="oneDatabase">
      org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence
      <jta-data-source>java:/oneDatasource</jta-data-source>

   </persistence-unit>

and components.xml is as follows..

        true
        @myFacesLifecycleBug@
        @jndiPattern@

    <!-- 120 second conversation timeout -->

        120000

        ordermanagement1.jpdl.xml
        checkout.jpdl.xml, newuser.jpdl.xml

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3963447#3963447