[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Problem with decrementing dates

bfo81 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 7 06:49:36 EDT 2006

What can I say? It is a Java problem AND a JSF problem, so to say ;)

I added -Duser.timezone=Europe/Berlin to JAVA_OPTS environment property. Now,

System.getProperty("user.timezone") is Europe/Berlin
TimeZone.getDefault().getID() is Europe/Berlin
TimeZone.getDefault().getDisplayName() is Zentraleuropäische Zeit (Central European Time)
and the offset is 3600000 ms (i.e. one hour)
and useDaylight is true

BUT in the DateTimeConverter class

getTimeZone().getId() is GMT
getTimeZone().getId() is Greenwich Zeit (Greenwich Time)
the offset is 0,
and useDaylight is false.

Well, the JVM has the right timezone set, but JSF ignores it and falls back to Greenwich Mean Time. I think I got a big fat bone to pick with the Apache MyFaces staff ;).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3963525#3963525

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3963525