[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: X11 Connection and Database Manager Tool -- headless or

snyderpa do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 7 10:10:05 EDT 2006

"visolvejboss" wrote :

  | You can export DISPLAY variable in run.sh file of jboss, so that when the startup script in init.d calls the run.sh file, the DISPLAY variable will be exported.

Thank you for again for responding, but it seems to me like the problem still stands:

When the server starts from init.d, I may be booting the server from the console attached to the machine.

When I want to run the Database Manager tool, I may be connecting through Putty+XMing.

The run.sh script only runs when the server starts and setting the DISPLAY variable there only affects the shell environment that the init.d script uses to launch the run.sh script.

So with the solution you suggest, would I not have to know at server startup what IP address I was going to be connecting from at a later time, code it into the run.sh script, and not be able to connect from any other IP address?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3963583#3963583

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3963583