[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - "no valid JNDI binding" !!!

campbella do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 7 14:12:17 EDT 2006

I'm trying to configure JBoss for Oracle10g.  Every time I try to launch my application I get the error: javax.naming.NamingException: resource-ref: jdbc/MyOracleDS has no valid JNDI binding.
You should know that I am new to Oracle, JBoss and IT in general.   However, I have followed the Start Guide and set up accordingly.  I noticed that in one of the demo applications they talk about an ?application-client.xml file and a jboss-client.xml file.  As these are not present when I search the jboss directory I?m guessing they might be files I need to include?  If so, are there any templates out there?  Much thanks in advance for any help/direction you can offer! -- Alex

My ?oracle-ds.xml file is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

  <local-tx-datasource>
    <jndi-name>MyOracleDS</jndi-name>
    <connection-url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:1521:xxx</connection-url>
    <driver-class>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver-class>
    <user-name>MyUserName</user-name>
    MyPassword
    <exception-sorter-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleExceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name>

         <type-mapping>Oracle9i</type-mapping>

  </local-tx-datasource>

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3963644#3963644

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3963644