[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - JMS connection problem between different networks

vabrol do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 7 21:17:59 EDT 2006

Hello,

I am trying to send JMS message from a server 'InsideFirewall' behind a firewall to another server 'Outsidefirewall' in a different network and a public IP. I need  to have 2 way communication setup between these servers. My problem is that I can send messages from server 'outsidefirewall' to 'Insidefirewall'  but not the other way around. When I try to get a JMS connection from 'InsideFirewall'  to  'outsidefirewall' , I get "java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host 'OutsideFirwall' --- connection timed out'. However, I can send messages to server 'Outsidefirewall'  from few other servers all in different networks and behind firewalls.

There is no problem sending messages from  'OutSideFirewall' to 'InsideFirewall'

I have started the sever 'InsideFirewall' with -Djava.rmi.server.hostname={ip} option and opened the following ports: 1099,8093,1098,4444.Also Uil2-service.xml is configured with ConnectAddress and ConnectPort of extrnal IP.
I would really appreciate any suggestion to point me to right direction.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3963687#3963687

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3963687