[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: User Input Req for 2.6 Usability and UI enhancements

danny_hon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 8 12:05:52 EDT 2006

It will be nice if there is a feature in the management portlet that can force the portal to re-read all the portlet configurations.  Right now if there is a new deployment, I have to configure all the changes manually even though the configuration files have the correct information.  I have to do it again for every environment (test, stage, production).  We have 5 pages, and each has 4-9 portlets.  It can be a lot of work and is prone to human errors.

If I want the portal to read the configurations, I have to deploy the portal/portlets with <if-exists>overwrite</if-exists>, then deploy it again with <if-exists>keep</if-exists>.  This is not worth the effort to do so.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3963847#3963847

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3963847