[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - JBoss 4.0.3 CMP Oracle BLOBs

pflapf do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 9 07:17:33 EDT 2006

Hello,

I face a problem with a BLOB field in Oracle 8.1.7. Maybe this has been asked a thousand times, but I can't find a solution / question via "search". ;-)

I want to use Entity Beans to access this field via CMP.

The entity methods have "Object" as types since this is specified for BLOBs in the standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml.

Any time I set entitybean.setStoredData(s) where s is a java.lang.String it seems to run perfect since no exception appears.

But it just does not store the data in the field. I checked this with TOAD. Other fields stored in the same transaction in the same row (same entity bean) are changed. I can see the update query in the server.log and also TOAD shows the changed values of the other fields.

Has anyone an idea?

Thank you.

Dirk

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964018#3964018