[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam URLs and request processing

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 9 11:50:37 EDT 2006

This is a facelets-centric response:

anonymous wrote : a) when I go to a Seam URL, e.g. seam-registration/register.seam, is the URL processed by JSF or by Seam?

JSF, but Seam has hooks into JSF that do magic

anonymous wrote : c) is there any direct relationship between the Seam component names (e.g. the session bean annotated with @Name("register")) and the URL /register.seam?

No, to refer to properties from register in register.seam you would have to use #{register.property}

anonymous wrote : I notice that for the dvd.xhtml page in the DVD example, you explicitly point to an action by using the pages.xml - but for other pages, you have nothing in pages.xml. Why is it that you have to explicitly put this code in pages.xml for some pages and not for others?

JSF is a component based framework.  pages.xml adds some action framework ability by allowing an action to be run when a page is loaded. If an action is specified in pages.xmlit is run before the page is processed.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964087#3964087

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964087