[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - Re: server started but Server view still says starting...

rob.stryker@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 9 12:33:36 EDT 2006

This is a known issue, and I'm not entirely sure what's causing it, however the alpha1a release contained another bug which prevented me from getting the needed feedback from users.

Basically, in the JBoss Server View, I've added an "Event Log" to document what's going on during the server startup. This isn't shown in the alpha1a due to a simple boolean error on my part.  ;)

The way the server tells whether or not it is up or down is through a utility that comes with JBoss, "twiddle", which querries JMX repeatedly until it says the server is started. It checks whether the jboss.system:type=Server has a Started attribute, and the value of that attribute.

If the server is nowhere near started yet, it'll reply with an exception. (IE JMX not even up yet). If it's getting there, it'll reply Started=false.  When the server decides it is done, it'll reply Started=true.

Now I dont know what could be happening for the server to be up, but the twiddle execution failing.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964097#3964097

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964097