[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Programmatically creating workflows

kbarfield do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 9 13:54:23 EDT 2006

"jmjava" wrote :
  | I don't know alot about JBPM at the moment and i'm not sure JBPM is the product for us - we may need something more flexible.  It sounds like JBPM is designed to be used in a set manner.  I think we may need something more flexible.

jBPM is very flexible, and can do what you are describing.  kukeltje was just warning to make sure your solution would be maintainable in the long term.  I can see a couple of different ways of doing this:

1. Break the overall process into several sub-processes.  These sub-processes are then called by the "master" workflow.  This would give you greater independence with editting each sub process.
2. Are the actual customizations you need changing the fundalemental flow of the process?  For instance, are you going from a process that was A>B>C  to H>Q>U>V?  Or is it the case that the process variables and who gets assigned tasks what is changing?  The later case is more of what we see, and for these types of cases you can use JBoss Rules with jBPM and have the rules be different for the different scenarios, not the underlying process definition.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964115#3964115

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964115