[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Error handling in GPD process deployment

alf_dave do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 9 15:49:12 EDT 2006

GPD 3.0.11, JBPM 3.1.2

I've noticed the error handling to be erratic when deployment of a process archive from the GPD fails.  Often, a dialog is presented stating the deployment succeeded when in fact it hasn't.  Other times, a dialog is presented due to an unexpected error.  Two extremes.

The deploy servlet returns arbitrary messages in the response for certain exceptions e.g. FileUploadException, IOException, but for others, just leaves the exception to propagate, presumably forcing an HTTP error response.  However, for valid HTTP responses, it seems the content is completely ignored by the GPD.

Obviously, an improvement would be to present the cause of the error in the GPD and to also catch all errors.

However, I raise this as I'm developing my own deploy servlet to fit the setup of our server, but it's not clear what the protocol is for reporting an error.   For now, I've kept as close as I can to the error handling in UploadServlet.

David Caruana
Alfresco

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964151#3964151

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964151