[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Error getting WebServiceContext/MessageContext information i

DjHitItUp do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 9 17:08:02 EDT 2006

Below is my web service code:

package com.company.department.ws;

import java.rmi.RemoteException;
import java.util.Map;
import javax.annotation.Resource;
import javax.jws.WebMethod;
import javax.jws.WebService;
import javax.jws.soap.SOAPBinding;
import javax.xml.ws.handler.MessageContext;
import javax.xml.ws.WebServiceContext;

@WebService(name="TestWebService", targetNamespace="http://www.company.com/department/testwebservice/", serviceName="TestWebService")
@SOAPBinding(style = SOAPBinding.Style.RPC)
public class TestWebService {

    @Resource WebServiceContext wsContext;

		@WebMethod
    public String hello(String name) {
        return "Servlet WS: " + wsContext.getUserPrincipal() + ": " + name;
    }
}

When being invoked the exception below is returned:

16:02:49,552 ERROR [SOAPFaultExceptionHelper] SOAP request exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.company.department.ws.TestWebService.hello
(TestWebService.java:20)

The error is happening on the "wsContext.getUserPrincipal()".  I feel the the wsContext object is not being set when the service is invoked.  I'm at a lost as to what is needed.  The end goal of this web service is to pull cookie information from the HTTPRequest object.  Please help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964173#3964173

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964173