[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: A beginner seeking for advice

satimis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 9 18:58:47 EDT 2006

Hi PeterJ,

Tks for your advice and URL

The link
http://www.alexandriasc.com/software/JavaService/index.html
providing Javaservice is not working anymore.  Any alternative?  Tks.

anonymous wrote : I run on Fedora Core 5, so I cannot comment directly on Ubuntu though I recall seeing some forum posts from Ubuntu users.  .  The JVM that comes with Linux distros is usually insufficient to run JBoss (or any app server), so you should also get a JDK from http://java.sun.com.  A 1.4.2 JDK is fine, but if you plan to do any EJB3 work, you should get the 1.5 JDK.
I also have FC5_64/32 bit boxes.  On FC5_64 box running;
$ yum search "Java 5 LVM"
and
$ yum search jboss

They can't be found.  Any repo carry with them.  Or I have to download them from respective website?

anonymous wrote : 3) No, but most people developing for JBoss use Eclipse or NetBeans.  There is a JBoss-specific Eclipse plug-in at http://labs.jboss.com/portal/jbosside/?prjlist=false.If I understand your advice correctly.  Eclipse is the platform for developing JBoss not for my application.

Others noted with tks.

B.R.
satimis

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964202#3964202