[jboss-user] [Javassist user questions] - Re: AccessControlException on generated classes due to missi

paul.homes do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 9 21:39:46 EDT 2006

Hi,

Thanks for all the info in this thread and making the javassist CVS changes.  This really helped me to get a Tapestry & Hivemind web app running in Tomcat with the security manager enabled.

I have a question about the default ProtectionDomain when none is specified (currently null).  In order to get my app to run I patched the latest Javassist from CVS so that in the ClassPool toClass(CtClass ct, ClassLoader loader) method it uses:

   return toClass(ct, loader, ct.getClass().getProtectionDomain());

.. rather than ..

   return toClass(ct, loader, null);

This works as a better default ProtectionDomain for me, but I was not sure if it would be unsuitable for others.  I am happy to use a patched version until such time as HiveMind passes a ProtectionDomain, but if this default were suitable enough to make it into a future version of Javassist then that would be even better :)

Cheers
Paul

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964215#3964215

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964215