[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam URLs and request processing

stan.silvert@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 9 22:20:28 EDT 2006

"dpocock" wrote : "gavin.king at jboss.com" wrote : Absolutely, this pattern is mentioned in the documentation.

  | I tried changing my URLs to end with `.elvis' instead of `.seam'.  I notice that tags like <h:commandLink> now generate URLs with the new ending.  How do these tags know that I am using this new pattern?  Do they just look at the current URL being processed?

This is done by JSF.  The tags don't know anything.  They defer to the ViewHandler to build the URL.  Different view handlers might do different things, but it typically does tricks like looking at the incoming request and reading your web.xml.  For portlets, the URL ultimately comes from the Portal.

Stan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964219#3964219

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964219