[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Portlet Lifecycle, navigation and JSF

colintoal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 9 22:38:15 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I hope this hasn't been answered already - but I'm working with CVS latest of JBP 2.4 on JBoss 4.0.4GA + EJB3 and Seam.

I have configured a MyFaces JSF based portlet on a page and I have some JSF based navigation through some different JSF views within this portlet.

I would like the JSF portlet's current View to be discarded when the user changes Portal pages.

I noticed from the MyFaces Portlet code that the current View is stored in a Portlet Session value, but I don't have a convenient portlet lifecycle event (i.e.  - a 'portlet no logner displayed' event) to clear this value or otherwise discard the current view state.

Is there such a Portlet event ? I couldn't find any in JSR-168.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem ?

Thanks in advance

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964221#3964221

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964221