[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: JACC on the fly method permission changes not reflecting

tpnaidu79 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 10 01:58:52 EDT 2006

According to the JACC spec When I call commit() on a PolicyConfiguration object , the PolicyConfiguration for that contextId is set inService (i.e; made active). I am able to debug and inspect the object state before commit() is called and after it is called. The PolicyConfiguration is reflecting the changes made by me on the fly. However, the behaviour of the container is as per the previous rules given as system startup. I tried to go through the JBossAS source code to figure out what the container was doing on commit(). JBossAS has a class called JBossPolicyConfiguration which is the implementation of PolicyConfiguration interface as defined by the JACC spec. The commit() method in JBossPolicyConfiguration in turn calls the commit() method of a DelegatingPolicy object which in turn calls the commit() method of a ContextPolicy object. The commit() method of a contextPolicy object is an empty method, it has no refresh or anything... in this case how does the container become aware of on the fly ejb method permission changes? The code of what I was trying to explain above is as follows:

JBossPolicyConfiguration code:

public void commit()
      throws PolicyContextException
   {
      if( trace )
         log.trace("commit");
      validateState("commit");
      policy.commit(contextID); // policy is a DelegatingPolicy object
   }

DelegatingPolicy code:

public void commit(String contextID)
      throws PolicyContextException
   {
      ContextPolicy policy = getContextPolicy(contextID);
      openPolicies.remove(contextID);
      activePolicies.put(contextID, policy);
      policy.commit();
   }

ContextPolicy code:

void commit()
      throws PolicyContextException
   {
   }

I guess I am missing something here can anyone please help me.

Thank you,
-P

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964242#3964242

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964242