[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Help on different instances of jboss

Rui Lazaro do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 10 09:18:29 EDT 2006

Hi,

I´m new to jboss. Started working with it about a month ago. I´m using one of adobe solutions, the livecycle forms, that comes with a jboss 3.2.5 on the default install. I did some research on their forum and didn´t  get much help. I need to mantain that installation of jboss without any changes. According to users in the forum ( and some of the support guys too ) it´s not a good idea to mess with the default config. It seems that  the product is not 100% stable and has some bugs.

I use netbeans 5.0 to develop some applications (ejb´s and webservices mostly) that later are deployed to a jboss4.0.3.sp1. it works fine. no prob at all. but i need to have the two jboss servers to run at the same time. ( 3.2.5 and 4.0.3.sp1 ). i didn´t want to mess with the 3.2.5 config because it could cause the forms not to work properly. but i couldn´t succed with jboss 3.2.5 and 4.0.3sp1 at the same time. i know that there are some port conflicts, and tried to change the xml files that have the port configs. but didn´t manage to resolve all the conflicts.

I need jboss4.0.3sp1 to run with jdk1.5 .... and 3.2.5 to run with jdk1.4 ... and then to launch the two jboss AS.

does anybody knows what ports/config files i need to change in order to get the two jboss running ? where on jboss 4.0.3.sp1 do i have to change the references from java_home (that points to 1.4jdk) to java_home2 (that points to 1.5jdk) ?

i tried to locate the files and the references to do the changes but didn´t manage to resolve this problem.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964359#3964359

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964359