[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Cannot access internet web services on JBP 2.4

danny_hon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 10 11:08:46 EDT 2006

Our portal runs behind a firewall.   In order to access the web services from the internet, we set the -Dhppd.proxyHost=[proxy] and -Dhttp.proxyPort=[proxy_port] in the JAVA_OPTS, and it works for 2.2.x.

When we test JBP 2.4 + AS 4.0.4GA + JBossWS 1.0.2GA, it does not work anymore.  Any ideas why?

Here is the exception stack using the news portlet.
10:04:29,561 ERROR [NewsPortlet] Fatal Error reading/parsing XML Source.
java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 504 for URL: http://jboss.org/jbossBlog/blog/?flavor=rss2
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1133)
        at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1007)
        at org.jboss.samples.portlet.news.NewsPortlet.doView(NewsPortlet.java:143)
        at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.doDispatch(GenericPortlet.java:167)
        at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.render(GenericPortlet.java:407)

Some thing happens for the weather portlet.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964396#3964396

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964396