[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: SQLException: Invalid column index in CR4

davidrh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 10 19:17:48 EDT 2006

I have dropped all the tables and restarted JBoss and I am still having issues.  Initially I have tried queuing up just over 2,000 messages.  They are queued up OK, and appear to be in the JMS_MESSAGE table (the number of rows in the table agrees with the JMX console count of the messages).  If I then stop enqueuing messages and shut JBoss down, I get the exception (I've cut the stack trace down):

09:03:44,346 FATAL [RegularObjectPersister] error
        at org.jboss.serial.persister.RegularObjectPersister.writeSlotWithMethod(RegularObjectPersister.java:120)

When I start JBoss back up again, I get:

09:11:03,993 ERROR [JDBCChannelMapper] Failed to load queue state
java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column index
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:112)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:146)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:208)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.getString(OracleResultSetImpl.java:379)
        at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedResultSet.getString(WrappedResultSet.java:865)
        at org.jboss.messaging.core.plugin.JDBCPersistenceManager.getReferenceInfos(JDBCPersistenceManager.java:1431)
        at org.jboss.messaging.core.ChannelSupport.load(ChannelSupport.java:1273)
        at org.jboss.messaging.core.ChannelSupport.load(ChannelSupport.java:500)
        at org.jboss.jms.server.plugin.JDBCChannelMapper.deployCoreDestination(JDBCChannelMapper.java:297)

I think my original problem in my load test was caused when the queue exceeded its full size and had to start paging messages back in from the database.  It looks like the statements for inserting and deleting messages from the database table are OK, but something is wrong when it is forced to select messages from the table.  I'm assuming that the select only needs to happen on startup or when the number of messages is greater than the full size of the queue and messages have to be paged.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964500#3964500

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964500