[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: Explicit document source root using context/docbase

gburcher do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 11 11:10:47 EDT 2006

Sorry, I didn't mean to say that your help was not appreciated. The wiki entry that you cited was a useful suggestion. It's just that, at this point, I have read through that entry and all other config documentation that seems to be available, tried all the suggested techniques and none of it seems to work for what I want to do.

I tried putting the Context entry under the Host entry of the server.xml file and that did not work either. If I have no MyWebApp.war in the JBoss install path and provide Context entry inside server.xml setting docBase to MyWebApp.war directory located outside of the JBoss install path, I get a series of errors on JBoss startup. Root error seems to be:

anonymous wrote : org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class loader hierarchy. You have more than one version of 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed.

I can spend some more time researching this error but, before doing that, I was hoping for some confirmation that putting the Context definition inside the server.xml was definitely the correct approach.

Like you, I had seen JBoss config docs that suggest not to put Context entries inside of server.xml anymore.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964644#3964644

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964644