[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Persistence unit scoping across multiple jars in a single ea

k34216 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 11 17:37:07 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am trying to build an ear file with multiple jar files in the ear. I want to share one persistence unit across the jar files.

I have tried putting a persistence.xml in each jar and that fails, I get an exception,

javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException: persistence.units:ear=ear.ear,unitName=foo already registered.

After the first jar which defines the persistence unit is deployed.

I have tried moving the persistence.xml up into the ear file, and it is not loaded at all.

How is this typically done?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964705#3964705

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964705