[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - want to cluster MDBs for failover, but keep messages sequent

newbrough do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 11 19:39:31 EDT 2006

I would like to have multiple nodes in a cluster that can each host a JMS Queue, and can each run an MDB consuming that Queue -- so far this is a standard cluster/HA setup.

The catch is that I want to make sure the messages in the Queue are handled sequentially.  I don't want both nodes in the cluster each taking a message and processing them at the same time.  So either they can take turns or one can process messages and the other act as a failover, but I only want one MDB running onMesssage() at any given time.

I could do this inelegantly by enabling and disabling the MDBs using JMX, but that seems like more work than it should be.  Any suggestions on a better way to approach this?

BTW, I am using JBoss 4.0.4 / JDK 1.5.0.

Many thanks,
Jonathan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964714#3964714

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964714