[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: User Input Req for 2.6 Usability and UI enhancements

733nb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 11 21:34:40 EDT 2006

I'm currently a newbe to the Jboss portal code and have been evaluating the bundled 2.4 CR-3 code base.  I reviewed the mockups and wow, you guys are on the right track!  When did you say your targeting the release of 2.6?

In the mockup's, I couldn't tell if you are able to order the pages. This would be a great feature.

Also, I noticed that you can "hide" pages based upon a users role, however this doesn't seem to be true at the portlet (window) leave.  I would like to "hide" a window on a page, based upon the users role. Case in point, I added  a portlet "Hello World" to the default page which has the role "unchecked" with permission of view.  I changed the portlet "Hello World" role to "user" with permission of view, however, when I bring up the page, the window "Hello World" is still being displayed.  But yet, I had not logged in, much less logged in as "user".  Is this the way it was desgined to work or is this a bug?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964726#3964726

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964726