[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Displaying EJBs within JavaScript: what about the Entity

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 13 03:40:28 EDT 2006

Any ideas on this?  I've looked around the net and seen that I'm obviously not the only one who is encountering this issue.  You grab your EJBs somehow while in a JSF backing bean, and then when JSP tries to display them, it's an error because they are detached and some members are not initialized.

Solution 1: Use a Filter that keeps an EntityManager hanging around for the duration of the request.  Seems like an ugly way to do it, but I guess that would be "PHP-style", where it automatically frees DB connections when the request is finished.

Solution 2: Use Seam.  Looks like a lot of people like that idea.  I'm thinking about doing it, but I need to get this application in demo soon, and I'm not sure if I want to take on yet another layer of complexity here.  On the plus side, Seam looks quite interesting.  Is this the way to do it?

Solution 3: Anything else?

This is a problem that would be universal in any type of JSP + EJB application, so I'm surprised at how hard it is to find answers on this.  Please let me know if you have ideas.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964816#3964816

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964816