[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Displaying EJBs within JavaScript: what about the Entity

raja05 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 13 05:43:04 EDT 2006

"SmokingAPipe" wrote :
  | Solution 1: Use a Filter that keeps an EntityManager hanging around for the duration of the request.  Seems like an ugly way to do it, but I guess that would be "PHP-style", where it automatically frees DB connections when the request is finished.

This is how the OpenSessionInView works and I believe is the only way available if you dont want to get to Seam. Check this post
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=88460
for some differences in Seam managed persistence context Vs. EJB3's Extended Persistence context that will make applications not worry about LazyInitExceptions.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964824#3964824

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964824