[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: UI Labels and displaying the hash sign #

raja05 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 14 00:41:21 EDT 2006

I think thats a seam bug. Seam tries to interpolate any expressions in the message bundle values and since it found a "#" in there, it seems to be looking for characters next to it, which wont be there in your case. Here is the snippet from Interpolator.interpolate thats causing the bug

  |       FacesContext context = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();
  |       StringTokenizer tokens = new StringTokenizer(string, "#{}", true);
  |       StringBuilder builder = new StringBuilder(string.length());
  |       while ( tokens.hasMoreTokens() )
  |       {
  |          String tok = tokens.nextToken();
  |          if ( "#".equals(tok) )
  |          {
  |             String nextTok = tokens.nextToken();

which would fail in your case. Other than filing a bug, the one option you have is to split your message content to have just the "Test" portion and include the "#" directly in your jsp page.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964879#3964879

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964879