[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Frustrated and anxious

chuckadams do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 14 01:45:58 EDT 2006

Oh the framework looks terrific -- I come here to praise seam, not to bury it :)  I'm just chomping at the bit to get started, and feeling frustrated by the tools.  It's probably not helped by the fact that I'm taking up JEE after only having dabbled in it years previously, so I'm having to re-learn all the tools and environment, and I'm having to learn the actual ins and outs of EARs instead of relying on my clicky GUI tools.  Meanwhile, eclipse's JEE 5 support is pretty darn patchy, while Netbeans keeps throwing tracebacks at me.  It must be a sign for me to quit IDE's or plunk down 5 Benjamins for IDEA.  Frustrating 8-/

As for seamgen, I did indeed use the WTP mode, and scaffold-wtp-project.  Eclipse complains about missing enterprise-beans tags, and when I fool it by commenting out the schema declaration attribute of ejb-jar, the JBoss deployer steps in and declares foul play; this is shown on another thread in the forum.  Initially I had worse problems, since seamgen's set-properties won't overwrite the existing build.properties, which has defaults for win32.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964888#3964888

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964888