[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Calling Seam Components (Stateless EJB) outside Seam app. Po

msteiner do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 14 09:51:52 EDT 2006

I have 2 Seam appllications (ears). When I call from one app, EJB method from another app I get NPE  in Component class  (getApplicationContext() returns null):

  |  public static Component forName(String name)
  |    {
  |       return (Component) Contexts.getApplicationContext().get( name + ".component" );
  |    }

This method  is called by SeamInterceptor (PostConstruct method -> getSeamComponent).

When  I first call this EJB in normal Seam way  ( with @In and from its own application )  and then call it from other ear with @EJB this  sometimes works.  In other words: if method PostConstruct from SeamInterceptor is called   outside seam application (with @EJB)  then NPE is throwed.

It is legal to call EJB's  annotated with @name outside Seam app ?

How to deal with such scenario:
I have 2 Seam applications (separeted ears) event in one application should begin jbpm process in second application and pass paramers to its business context. Is this possible ? How ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964973#3964973

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964973