[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: Explicit document source root using context/docbase

gburcher do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 14 10:04:32 EDT 2006

I found a suggestion in another thread, dated 3/21/2006:

anonymous wrote : AFAIK, deploying a war by simply deploying a context.xml is not supported.

  | You can configure JBoss to scan external directories for deployment; look at the server/.../conf/jboss-service.xml file, DeploymentScanner MBean, URLs attribute.
  |
  | _________________
  | Brian Stansberry
  | Lead, AS Clustering
  | JBoss, a division of Red Hat

I added my external directory to the URLs attribute under the DeploymentScanner MBean in server.xml. At startup, JBoss finds my deployment directory, reads the \WEB-INF\web.xml file located in the deployment directory, but I get this error:

09:04:35,626 ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not create deployment: file://C:/dev/test.war org.jboss.ws.WSException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.my.package.MyServlet

I have my .class files in an expanded package/directory structure located under \WEB-INF\classes. JBoss cannot find the class associated with my servlet definition in web.xml. I tried adding this to my web.xml:

	<class-loader>
  | 		<simple-loader path="c:/dev/test.war/WEB-INF/xsl"/>
  | 		<compiling-loader path="c:/dev/test.war/WEB-INF/classes"/>
  | 		<library-loader path="c:/dev/test.war/WEB-INF/lib"/>
  | 	</class-loader>

Not sure if these elements are supported by JBoss in web.xml under the web-app element. I had used these elements as part of my Caucho Resin web.xml file. This class-loader info did not seem to help, still got ClassNotFoundException.

Has anyone tried using this technique with the DeploymentScanner? Any help on how to help JBoss find the .class files?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964977#3964977

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964977