[jboss-user] [Remoting] - JBoss Remoting vs JGroups ?

vivash do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 14 22:26:20 EDT 2006

Hi,

  I was just wondering how is JBoss Remoting different than JGroups as they seem to provide similar set of features: auto-discovery, fail-over, callback, clustering etc. Here are my questions,

1) Is JBoss Remoting only meant for Client-Server communication? What about in server cluster environment (peer-to-peer)?

2) How is it different than JGroups? Why doesn't it uses JGroups for all the above mentioned features?

3) What would be the right application of JBoss Remoting compared to JGroups?

Thanks,
-vivek

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965157#3965157

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965157